The Sea Oats House Plan.
Two beautiful suites flank the entry foyer and hallway. Beyond, the home opens to an ornate stairway, family, dining and kitchen. The dining and family rooms open to the verandah through a large set of sliding doors. Upstairs the office and third suite have spectacular views. Landlubber Garage is designed to compliment this house.
2621 Square Feet
First Floor 2076 s.f.
Second Floor 545 s.f.
Porches 703 s.f.
Under Roof 3324 s.f.
Parking below the house, or purchase the Landlubber Garage.
10 Foot Ceilings
and 9 foot ceilings upstairs
In 2014, this plan was featured in Luxury Home Design Magazine, Winter Edition. In 2008, this plan was the featured as exclusive content on the Coastal Home Plans website.
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with wood pilings. The first and second floors are pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are 2x6 wood framing.
The roof is standing-seam metal over a plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses at a 4:12 pitch.
The exterior is finished with cedar shingles and white moldings.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.
The SeaOats plan, built on an island off the coast of Newfoundland, Canada. The customer modified the plan to enclose the ground level for extra storage. View more about the Sea Oats House Plans or view all photo albums.
Construction of the SeaOats plan in Louisiana was featured in Bayou Life.
We just received photos of the...