The Declan Castle House Plan.
Declan Castle is a 6 bedroom castle design built over a hillside walkout basement. The interior courtyard is surrounded by the Gothic arched colonnade. Outdoor spiral stairs lead to the upper walks, and detached suites. Above the north garage is a private office suite with walkout to the north and east watch.
Six Master Suites
The main house is designed with six master suites, including a full apartment suite with a kitchen above the south garage.
9465 Square Feet
First Floor 2215
Second Floor 3050 s.f.
Third Floor 4200 s.f.
Porches 681 s.f.
Garage 2000 s.f.
Under Roof 12,146 s.f.
6 Full Baths
3 Half Baths
6 Parking Spaces
14 Foot Ceilings
and 12′ ceilings in master suite.
10′ ceilings on second floor.
111′ deep (without stairs)
Foundation & Floor
The standard version of this plan is designed with a walkout basement. The upper floors are pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are double 2x6 wood framing.
The roof is slate and waterproof membrane over plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses at 12:12. The upper walks are designed with a waterproof membrane system.
The exterior is finished with stone.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.