A house plan is a collection of drawings which show a builder the measurements and notes needed to build this house.
We provide the drawings to you in 3 digital formats, as described below.
- The PDF is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. It can be printed on any printer or paper size.
- Our CAD files are in AutoCAD 2018 .dwg format. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs. If you need an alternate format, please contact us for a quote to convert the files.
- The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.
The house plan is divided into pages, which are described below.
- FLOOR PLANS are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room sizes, cabinets and fixtures.
- EXTERIOR ELEVATIONS are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- BUILDING SECTIONS show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The FOUNDATION PLAN shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- FLOOR & ROOF STRUCTURE LAYOUTS show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The WALL SECTION is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The DETAIL PAGE includes typical construction notes, and specific detailing.
- ELECTRICAL PLANS show the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
Included with each plan is a license to build the house one time. To purchase additional build licenses, contact us for pricing.