A house plan is a collection of drawings which show a builder the measurements and notes needed to build this house. The house plan is divided into pages, which are described below.
- FLOOR PLANS are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room sizes, cabinets and fixtures.
- EXTERIOR ELEVATIONS are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- BUILDING SECTIONS show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The FOUNDATION PLAN shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- FLOOR & ROOF STRUCTURE LAYOUTS show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The WALL SECTION is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The DETAIL PAGE includes typical construction notes, and specific detailing.
- ELECTRICAL PLANS show the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
Included with each plan is a license to build the house one time. To purchase additional build licenses, contact us for pricing.
Want to find out more about the digital file formats that are included with the plan purchase, read our article on Digital File Formats.
Some items are not included in our house plans.
Our plans are designed using engineered wood trusses and do not include wood framing layouts or specifications. Read our article on Manufactured Wood Trusses.
Our plans do not include structural or geotechnical engineering. Read our article one Structural Engineering.
Our plans do not include plumbing diagrams. Read our article on Plumbing Diagrams.