The Sanibel House Plan.
Sanibel is a classic Florida beach residence. It features 2 bedrooms. The upstairs suite has window views in all 4 directions, and is the perfect romantic getaway. It is complete with sitting area, walk-in closet, large shower, soaking tub, and dual sinks. The open downstairs is perfect for entertaining with the large open kitchen. The wrap around porch gives views over the surrounding landscape to the water beyond.
1527 Square Feet
First Floor 1032 s.f.
Second Floor 495 s.f.
Porches 1272 s.f.
Under Roof 2799 s.f.
In 2003, this plan was featured in the Orlando Sentinel as Design of the Week.
Parking below the house.
9 Foot Ceilings
The pilings and stairs can be adjusted to meet local building height requirements. Contact Us to discuss your specific build location.
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with wood pilings. The first and second floors are pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are 2x6 wood framing.
The roof is standing-seam metal over a plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior is finished with cedar shingles and white moldings.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.
On a recent visit to Orlando, the client invited me to walk through the almost-finished home. The finishes are beautiful, and living spaces are surprisingly generous. My favorite spot is the wrap around porch with the exposed rafters, tall ceilings, retro-florida...