Comstock House Plan.
The downstairs is an open plan with separate living, dining, family and breakfast nook. The living features a fireplace and is open to the stairwell. The dining has a built-in china display cabinet and bar. The family room and kitchen are designed for entertaining. Front and back porches provide space for outdoor living.
Upstairs, the master suite is comfortable with access to the private sundeck, modern bathroom with soaking tub, and walk-in closet. The secondary bedrooms each have walk-in closets.
1586 Square Feet
First Floor 793 s.f.
Second Floor 793 s.f.
Porches 262 s.f.
Garages 380 s.f.
Under Roof 2228 s.f.
- In 2010, this plan was featured on the Cover of HanleyWood Ecohome magazine.
- In 2009, this plan was featured in the HanleyWood Ecohome magazine.
- In 2008, this plan was featured on Houseplans.com as the cover plan for Bungalow House Plans and Narrow Lot House Plans.
- In 2007, this plan was featured on the Distinctive House Plans Gallery, and won the Southeast Builder’s Conference Aurora Award.
- In 2006, this plan was featured in the Orlando Sentinel as Design of the Week.
2 Full Baths
1 Half Bath
2 Parking Spaces
9 Foot 4 Inch Ceilings
and 9′ ceilings upstairs
62′ deep (without stairs)
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with a concrete slab on grade. The second floor is pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are 2×6 and 2×4 wood framing.
The 7:12 roof is shingles, a plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior is finished with simple trim and moldings, decorative railings, exposed rafters, tapered columns and sand stucco finish over a waterproof barrier and wall sheathing.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.
The Comstock plan with revisions.
5929 General Diaz Street, New Orleans, LA
As part of a re-development...
This was the first build of the Comstock plan, and it's situated on the inner-city lot that inspired the tiny footprint. It's at 411 W Comstock Ave., Winter Park, Florida. Enjoy. [gallery columns="5"...