The Katelen Irene House Plan.
Katelen Irene is the perfect home for a large family. The oversized stairwell leads to formal living, dining, and family rooms. A separate office is suited for the stay-at-home business man. The family room is connected to a music room as well as a ground-breaking kitchen design which features a large under-counter refrigerator in the eating island. The dining room leads to a billiards room, and large back living porch.
The upstairs features three bedroom suites, and a fourth bedroom for guests or a baby nursery. The master bath is centered around a freestanding soaking tub with views of the fireplace. The bathroom also features a double shower, basin sink, and is connected to the large dressing closet, and the sundeck. The large flowing stairs continue to the attic for flexible play space, storage, or future additions.
3347 Square Feet
First Floor 1690 s.f.
Second Floor 1657 s.f.
Porches 602 s.f.
Garage 1107 s.f.
Under Roof 5056 s.f.
3 Parking Spaces
10 Foot Ceilings
and 9 foot ceilings upstairs
In 2008, this plan was the featured plan for Cape Cod House Plans on Houseplans.com. It was also the featured plan for Top House Plans on Houseplans.com. In 2008, this plan was featured in Orlando Homebuyer Magazine Design Challenge. In 2007, this plan was featured in the Orlando Sentinel as Design of the Week.
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed a concrete slab on grade. The second floor is pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are 2x6 wood framing.
The roof is shingles over a plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior is finished with lap siding and white moldings.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.