Sorghum House Plan is the sweetest little Farmhouse.
Designed to be exactly what you need, the Sorghum Farmhouse has a classic look for the outside, and plenty of cozy spaces on the inside. Sleep peacefully in the master suite, knowing your children are close by, in the other three upstairs bedrooms.
2434 Square Feet
First Floor 1226 s.f.
Second Floor 1208 s.f.
Porches 622 s.f.
Garage 607 s.f.
Under Roof 3663 s.f.
2 full baths
1 half bath
10 Foot Ceilings
52′ deep (without stairs)
62′ deep (with stairs)
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with a slab on grade. The second floor is pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are 2x6 wood framing.
The roof is standing-seam metal over a plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses at a 9:12 pitch.
The exterior is finished with board and batten and white moldings.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.