The Cottonseed House Plan.
Cottonseed is a large modern house, with a central 2 story living space. The entry walk steps across the reflecting pond. The main stair tower features structural stairs up to the second floor. Glass railings and brick interior finishes tie the interior to the exterior. The kitchen, gardening area and craft room are connected and provide a continuous work area. The master suite has separate his and hers closets and baths.
5165 Square Feet
First Floor 3020 s.f.
Second Floor 2145 s.f.
Porches 792 s.f.
Garage 800 s.f.
Shop 200 s.f.
Under Roof 6957 s.f.
5 Full Baths
1 Half Bath
3 Parking Spaces
10 Foot Ceilings
22′ ceilings at living room
16′ ceilings at master bedroom
8′ ceilings at garage apartment
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with a concrete slab on grade. The second floor is pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are 2x6 wood framing.
The roof is standing-seam metal over a plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses at a 2:12 pitch.
The exterior is finished with brick.
Doors & Windows
There are two sizes of windows. Larger sliding windows for bedrooms and living spaces, and small awning windows for high bath locations.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.