The Glassing House Plan.
Glassing is a modern home designed for property with a view. Each bedroom has space for a large bed, or a grouping of bunk beds for the kids. The construction of this home is designed to minimize the weight of building materials allowing construction in more remote locations. Unique and modern, yet comfortable and distinctive.
We specified an LG combination washer/dryer, Perlick 15″ under counter refrigerator, and a Viking 24″ gas range.
688 Square Feet
Living 688 s.f.
Under Roof 688 s.f.
11 Foot Ceilings
32′ deep (without stairs)
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with piers and an insulated wood floor system.
The exterior walls are steel columns, storefront windows and sliding doors.
The roof is laminated wood beams, SIPS roof structure with 10′ overhangs and a membrane roofing system.
The exterior is finished with cedar shingles and white moldings.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.