6974 Square Feet
First Floor 2877 s.f.
Second Floor 4097 s.f.
Porches 919 s.f.
Garage 800 s.f.
Under Roof 8693 s.f.
4 Full Baths
2 Half Baths
3 Parking Spaces
10 Foot Ceilings
20′ ceilings in Irish Pub
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with a concrete slab on grade. The second floor is pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are double 2x6 wood frame construction.
The 12:12 roof is slate, a plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior is finished with stone, wrought iron detailing, heavy plank doors.
What's In This House Plan?
- The Floor Plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior Elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building Sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The Foundation Plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & Roof Layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The Wall Section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The Electrical Plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction Notes and typical Details.
What File Formats are Included?
PDF. The PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most of our plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
CAD. We typically release the files in AutoCAD 2010, but can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
Sketchup Pro. A Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.
Photos from Michigan.
Our customer in Michigan is wrapping up the interior finishes, and they are beautiful. [gallery columns="7"...
The rear porch of Darien castle is under construction. It's being built by laminating treated lumber.
The Darien castle in Michigan is looking more like a castle than ever before. The entry arch is being constructed entirely of brick and granite. The entry arch will close off the courtyard and give privacy and security to the garage and entry door spaces. This is the...
The construction of the Darien Castle in Michigan continues. The slate and copper roof, brick exterior and granite assemblies are almost complete. The interior is framed. Below are some amazing pictures. The client has incorporated many unique and authentic details...