The Ocracoke House Plan.
Three porches provide comfortable outdoor living spaces and access to the pool. The downstairs is designed for entertaining with formal living and dining as well as a generous family area. The chef in the family will enjoy the large island, butler service area, and pantry. The upstairs has three bedrooms. The master bedroom offers a retreat with a large two person tub surrounded by windows. The octagon office will inspire you to relax with a book or work from home.
3117 Square Feet
First Floor 1548 s.f.
Second Floor 1569 s.f.
Porches 443 s.f.
Garage 420 s.f.
Under Roof 3980 s.f.
In 2008, this plan was the featured plan for Narrow Lot House Plans on Houseplans.com. In 2005, this plan was featured in the Orlando Sentinel as Design of the Week.
2 Full Baths
1 Half Bath
2 Parking Spaces
9 Foot Ceilings
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with a concrete slab on grade. The second floor is pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are 2×6 wood framing.
The roof is standing-seam metal over a plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior is finished with cedar shingles.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.