1978 House Plan.
1978 is a vintage modern design featuring an open floor plan, multiple entertaining terraces, and glass walls throughout. The entry wraps around the infinity-edge pool and terrace. The lower floor features a spectacular glass office/bedroom, guest bath, and sunken kitchen / entertaining area. The upper floor features two unique bedroom suites. The Master Suite has a glass shower with two ceiling-mounted shower heads, and an outdoor fireplace sitting terrace.
2269 Square Feet
First Floor 1291 s.f.
Second Floor 396978s.f.
Porches 114 s.f.
Garages 513 s.f.
Under Roof 2896 s.f.
2 Parking Spaces
10 Foot Ceilings
8′ and 10′ ceilings downstairs
9′ ceilings upstairs
In 2009, this plan was featured on the Houseplans.com blog. In 2008 this plan was featured for Modern House Plans and Contemporary House Plans on Houseplans.com. In 2006, this plan was featured in the Orlando Sentinel as Design of the Week.
Foundation & Floor
This plan is designed with a concrete slab on grade. The second floor system is pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are wood framing with r21+ spray foam insulation.
The roof is standing seam metal, a plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior is finished with stone and stucco over a waterproof barrier and wall sheathing.
What's In This House Plan.
- The floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
Included File Formats.
The PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.