Limestone House Plan.
The interior of the home faces the pool courtyard which is filled with the sound of the waterfall wall. The family theater is connected with the kitchen and provides a two story movie projection space. Living and dining are divided by a textured glass wall, and open to the pool with folding doors. The upper floor houses 5 bedroom suites, including one over the garage which could be a home office or artist’s gallery.
4757 Square Feet
First Floor 2226 s.f.
Second Floor 2531 s.f.
Porches 313 s.f.
Garage 505 s.f.
Under Roof 5575 s.f.
2 Parking Spaces
9′-4″ Foot Ceilings
8′ ceilings in suite five
In 2008, this plan was featured on Houseplans.com as the cover plan for Contemporary House Plans and Modern House Plans, and in The Plan Collection article Modern Delight. In 2007, this plan was featured in the Orlando Sentinel as Design of the Week.
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with a concrete slab on grade. The second floor is pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are 2×8 wood framing.
The roof is standing-seam metal over a plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior is finished with stucco over a waterproof barrier and wall sheathing.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.
We just received several pictures of a new build of Limestone. Because of the central courtyard in this design, it is an appealing house plan for those who need more security and privacy.
A client has built the Barbados design in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Here are a few pictures. Enjoy.