The Chinook Castle House Plan.
Chinook is a large castle tower house, with a central light well. The drive-out basement level provides access to the foyer stairs and elevator, and parking for large vehicles. The main level houses a generous living, office, bath, dining, pantry and chef’s kitchen. The kitchen is designed around a 48″ refrigerator and 48″ gas range. Adjacent to the kitchen is the 2-story greenhouse, where you can grow your own herbs, vegetables and fruit trees. The living space includes a wood-burning fireplace, with access to the rear porch. The upper floor holds 4 bedrooms, 2 baths and the laundry. The master bath includes a jetted tub with sitting areas, double shower and double sink. The stairs lead up to outdoor living spaces on the roof.
5081 Square Feet
Basement 901 s.f.
First Floor 2088 s.f.
Second Floor 2092 s.f.
Porches 544 s.f.
Garage 1567 s.f.
Greenhouse 247 s.f.
Under Roof 7439 s.f.
2 Full Baths
1 Half Bath
3 Parking Spaces
10 Foot Ceilings
and 14 foot ceilings at the basement
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with concrete basement walls and a concrete slab on grade at the parking and foyer. The upper floors are pre-engineered wood trusses and steel beams.
The exterior walls are double 2x6 wood framing.
The roof is a membrane over plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses at 12:12.
The exterior is finished with stone and cast concrete (or granite) over the wall structure.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.