1923 Square Feet
First Floor 985 s.f.
Second Floor 938 s.f.
Porches 110 s.f.
Under Roof 2033 s.f.
2 Full Baths
1 Half Bath
9 Foot Ceilings
12′ ceilings at kitchen
7′ ceilings at top of stairwell tower
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with a concrete slab on grade. The second floor is pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are 2x6 wood framing.
The roof is a membrane flat roof, and pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior is finished with stucco over a waterproof barrier and wall sheathing.
What's In This House Plan.
- The floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
Included File Formats.
The PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.
Photos from Mineral Wells, Texas
The build of Abilene in Mineral Wells, Texas is finished and furnished. Enjoy.
The build of Abilene in Mineral Wells, Texas is almost complete. The exterior and interior wall finishes are being applied.
The Abilene plan near Mineral Wells, TX is progressing. Here are a few pictures.
The concrete was poured inside the walls using a pump truck. Interior walls have been framed.
We just received more pictures from Mineral Wells, TX, where a client is building the Abilene plan. The steel for the upper concrete floor is in place. "I'm looking forward to having the second floor in. We will have a commanding view of the...
"The pour went well. We are very happy with how it looks. The block has been ordered and after a little hiccup we expect to have it delivered late this week. The walls should be going up next week!" ...
Update from Mineral Wells, TX. The client says: "We are very close to pouring concrete. Gravel is in and compacted, sand on top of that, 4" of foam insulation on that and next the re-bar. We only have the PEX for the in-floor heating to do and we're ready. We may...
What better place to build Abilene, than in TX? We received pictures from a client who has just broken ground on a build of the Abilene plan in west Texas. They are building using ICF block.