2616 Square Feet
First Floor 1888 s.f.
Second Floor 728 s.f.
Porches 774 s.f.
Under Roof 3390 s.f.
2 Full Baths
Parking below the house.
10 Foot Ceilings
60′ deep (without stairs)
The pilings and stairs can be adjusted to meet local building height requirements. Contact Us to discuss your specific build location.
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with wood pilings. The first and second floors are pre-engineered wood trusses.
The exterior walls are 2×6 wood framing.
The roof is standing-seam metal over a plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses at a 4:12 pitch.
The exterior is finished with cedar shingles and white moldings.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.
The build of Scuppers on Chincoteague Island, VA is complete.
The Scuppers plan on Chincoteague Island, Virginia is complete. Final detailing is done, and interior photos will be taken soon.
We just received a quick update from Chincoteague Island, Virginia, where our client is building the Scuppers plan. It has been a long haul but we finally have the roof and siding completed. I wanted to wait for that to be...
"Attached is the latest update. As you can see both roofs have been sheathed and, except for all of the top roof, have been covered with waterproof material. The shingles will be completed either tomorrow or early next...
"The house looks so big inside - I love the openness of the rooms. The older house across the street had very small rooms -- this house will make it easier to entertain and...
The plywood sheathing is going on the Scuppers beach house on Chincoteague Island, Virginia.
Wall framing for the upper level of Scuppers on Chincoteague Island, VA.
Here's a quick update from the client on Chincoteague Island in Virginia.
More photos from Chincoteague Island, Virginia. The builder has completed the Microllam perimeter, which supports all the TJI (floor joists) and upper walls.
Almost complete and ready for second floor framing.
More photos of the Scuppers construction on Chincoteague Island in Virginia.
We just received the first construction photos of the Scuppers plan being built on Chincoteague Island in Virginia. This house design was based on our SeaOats plan, but was re-designed to fit the "build envelope" of the client's...
Below are comments from the client building Scuppers on Chincoteague Island in Virginia. "I've attached the very first pictures where the first piling was being driven. The aqua color machine is like...