Kariboo House Plan is the perfect modern carport home.
Kariboo House Plan has living spaces on the upper floor, and plenty of covered parking and storage below. The metal roof is sloped to provide snow removal. The balcony can be fitted with radiant heating for snow removal as well. The lower floor mechanical space provides easy installation of the heating and cooling ducts in the floor and roof truss system. The exterior features commercial style windows and cable railing.
930 Square Feet
Living 930 s.f.
Mechanical 110 s.f.
Garages 678 s.f.
Under Roof 1718 s.f.
2 Parking Spaces
9 Foot Ceilings
and 8′ ceilings downstairs
Foundation & Floor
The foundation is designed with a concrete slab on grade. The second floor is pre-engineered wood trusses.
The first floor walls are concrete block. The second floor exterior walls are 2×6 wood framing.
The roof is standing-seam metal over a plywood deck, and pre-engineered wood trusses at a 1:12 pitch.
The exterior is finished with stone and stucco over a waterproof barrier and wall sheathing.
What's In This House Plan.
- Floor plans are views of each floor, looking down from above. The plans show window and door locations, room dimensions and plumbing fixture locations.
- Exterior elevations are flat views of the outside of the house, looking at the front, left, rear and right.
- Building sections show cutaway views of the home structure.
- The foundation plan shows the location of footings and concrete slabs.
- Floor & roof layouts show the outline of the floor truss systems, and slopes, valleys, ridges and hips on the roof.
- The wall section is a detailed view showing how the walls are assembled.
- The electrical plan shows the outlets, switches, lights and fans on the floor plan.
- Construction notes and typical details.
For more information, view a Sample Set of Drawings.
Included File Formats.
- PDF is a digital version of the plans which is easy to view and print. It contains all the pages of the plans and shows colors and shadows. The PDF can be printed on any printer or paper size, but most plans print best on 36″ x 24″ paper.
- CAD files in AutoCAD 2010 format. We can export other AutoCAD formats if needed. These drawings can be opened in AutoCAD or many other popular CAD programs.
- Sketchup Pro. The Sketchup Pro file can be opened in Layout, which is part of the Sketchup Pro bundle. It is the format that we use to create the drawings. It includes a copy of the Sketchup 3D model.
A few more pictures of the Kariboo construction in Northwest Arkansas. View more about the original Kariboo House Plan.
A client near Springdale, Arkansas is building the Kariboo plan. Footings have been poured, concrete walls in place, and structural steel beams are installed. More photos to come soon.